There is no universal way of preserving furniture because they require different types of care, depending on its type. However, when it comes to cleaning, anyone can customize their cleaning solutions and methods to make the upholstery, metal, and wood squeaky-clean and shiny like it’s brand new.
You can utilize different approaches, such as using a brush with soft bristles and water-based cleaning mixtures. Or, you can purchase furniture cleaning solutions that are made specifically for the type of material your furniture is made of. If you have a carpet cleaner, you can use an upholstery attachment and use it to clean your upholstered furniture. Deep cleaning surely enhances your mood while also making your home feel more like home. We have laid out some furniture cleaning tips for you to try.
Follow These Easy Furniture Cleaning Tips:
Routinely deep cleaning your furniture will enhance its quality and improve the ambiance in your home. It can even be beneficial for your family’s health, especially if you have members who suffer from respiratory diseases like asthma and allergies.
- Clean the surfaces by simply dusting off wood or glass and vacuuming your upholstery.
- Before using anything on the surface, make sure to read and keep in mind the cleaning instructions. Some products and procedures may not be appropriate for your furniture pieces.
- If you are using a specific furniture cleaning product for the first time, make sure it is gentle enough not to ruin your furniture and efficient enough to eliminate stubborn stains. Remember, use gentle cleansers.
- Rotate cushions every now and then to even out the wear and tear.
- If needed, redo the cleaning process to maximize its effect.
- Do not let spills leave stains on surfaces. Be sure to spot clean the surface right away.
Upholstery Cleaning Tips:
Hiring a professional upholstery cleaning can cost a lot of money. Luckily, anyone can carry out a seamless cleaning job by learning about different types of fabrics. Tags can tell a lot about an upholstery, including cleaning instructions for chairs and sofas.
Follow these easy steps to clean your upholstery:
- Create your upholstery cleaner by combining a quarter of dish soap with a cup of water. Gently mix them up until bubbles are formed, resulting in thick foam.
- When cleaning cushions, detach anything that is detachable and be sure to vacuum all sides.
- If you’ve read enough about fabrics, you will know that certain products can leave water stains and other unpleasant changes. Make sure to use your cleaner safely to avoid undesirable results.
- If you need to rub and brush around the cushions, do it in a circular motion and only use brushes with soft bristles. Try to focus on areas that have significant stains.
- When you’re done with all the brushing, wipe off the foam with a washcloth. Make sure to keep the liquid foam away from any parts of the furniture and not leave any products on.
- Only replace the cushions when they’re dry; otherwise, it could smell horrible.
Wood Furniture Cleaning Tips
If you have been polishing your furniture for years, know that product buildup can cause it to look dull over time. If you want to know how to restore the look of your wood furniture, follow these easy tips.
- To remove old polish, soak a washcloth in tea and use it to wipe off the product.
- Non-gel toothpaste works excellently in removing water stains. Use a washcloth with non-gel toothpaste to wipe around the stained surface.
- The classic mixture of baking soda and water can work wondrously in eliminating ink marks and other stains from your wooden furniture.
- After removing the old polish from your furniture, you can add a new layer using olive oil or lemon oil combined with white vinegar. The mixture should make your furniture look shiny and new.
Metal Furniture Cleaning Tips
It is usually easy to clean metal furniture like coffee tables, dining tables, chairs, and more because you can easily combine two or more ingredients that you already got.
- To clean furniture made of steel, tin or galvanized metal, dusting off the surface could be great. Or you can use a wet cloth to clean it along with a typical cleaner to remove spill stains.
- Polish is not necessary because metal furniture is usually already shiny. If you want added shine on your pieces, you can use a stainless steel cleaner or a toothpaste.
- Copper tabletops need a specific cleaner made for it. Or, you can opt for a cheaper alternative, which is lemon and salt.
Given all the easy-to-follow tips above, you can clean your furniture of all types and give your living room an instant lift. Thinking about your cleaning tasks may be overwhelming sometimes, but it only takes enough knowledge of life hacks and DIYs to make things a little easy. Happy cleaning!
You can try to get your furniture clean yourself, but it won’t look nearly as lovely as it would if you let Super Kleen do it for you. Leave it up to the professionals to do it for you. Reach us at Super Kleen services in Knoxville TN to book an appointment. We are your friends in time of furniture cleaning needs.